No drama. What does that even mean? Seriously. No drama. I’ve read these words in hundreds of dating profiles. I’m not exaggerting either. There seem to be many single 40 and 50 something men out there who seem to have serious aversion to drama (or at least in Northwest Ohio anyway). I’m not a psychologist or a dating coach – far from it. But, I am a writer and an observer.
As I read over profiles (yes, women do read them! Thank you very much!), looking for my “Ultra Match” or “Chemistry Match” or “My Top Prospect” or whatever match, I’ve noticed patterns that instantly throw up a red flag for me. For every “How you doing” message I receive, I find myself itching more to message back not that I’m interested in a date, but to offer my help in re-writing his profile so someone else might be! Alas, I hold back and just delete the messages, unanswered. Although, I actually think I could really help people and make a small fortune on the side! Afterall, people put in a lot of effort in their resumes to land a job, why not put just as much into finding the love their life? Especially, if you are paying to be an upgraded user, why wouldn’t you want to make the best first impression possible. I can picture it now — a small store front, a laptop, a camera, an Internet connection and I’m in business. If only it were that easy!
And so, free of charge, I give you…
Shar’s Top 5 Dating Profile Red Flags
- No Drama: Delete these words from your profile. Go! Do it now! If someone is overly dramatic, she probably doesn’t realize it and even if she does, saying you don’t want drama is probably not going to prevent it. If you say you lead a drama-free life, I think you are either a liar or boring or don’t want to put in any effort to the relationship.
- No Cheaters, Liars, Players or Gold Diggers. Duh! Does anyone want to date someone like that? Do you think they’d tell you if they were? This just gives off a negative vibe that you have baggage you haven’t dealt with yet.
- Ask me. Come on. What a cop out. You can’t take ten minutes to write a coupe of sentences about yourself? If a person doesn’t have time to write a short bio, do they really have time to date and build a relationship?
- I’m a nice guy. OK, if you have to say you are a nice person, it kind of makes me think maybe you aren’t. Show her you are a nice guy.
- I workout every day! That’s wonderful that you have so much time available to commit to fitness. I wish I did. Us single mom’s with mom bodies and full-time jobs, typically don’t have the time (or energy) to devote to the gym every day. Oh wait…that’s why you are looking for women 10-20 years younger than you. Nevermind. Carry on. Good luck with that!
What are your online dating profile red flags? Please share in the comments. I can use all the pointers I can get:) Thanks!
2 thoughts on “No Drama….Puh-lease!”
My favorite is “no fatties” or “don’t be fat” I love those! I always laugh my way past them while eating my ten pound cheeseburger, mountain of bonbons and ENTIRE box of wine. Great post!
Oh yeah- those are great… Right in line with the I work out. I’m fit and looking for you to be too (the passive aggressive no fat girls guy), Pass me the ice cream please!
LikeLiked by 1 person